Snow White and the Huntsman starring Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron will get an additional four minutes of footage when the extended edition hits Blu-ray and DVD on the now confirmed release date of September 11, 2012.
Both the 2 hour, 8 minute theatrical cut and 2 hour, 12 minute extended cut will be available on the Snow White and the Huntsman Blu-ray and DVD combo pack. The high-def film will be presented in 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. A digital copy and UltraViolet will also be included.
Snow White and the Huntsman grossed $56.2 million at the domestic box office in early June. It went on to cross $150 million in North America, and a very healthy $381 million worldwide. A sequel is already in the early stages of development.
Bonus features attached to Snow White and the Huntsman on Blu-ray include:
- A New Legend Is Born
- Feature Commentary with director Rupert Sanders, visual effects supervisor Cedric Nicolas-Troyan and co-editor Neil Smith
- Reinventing the Fairy Tale
- Citizens of the Kingdom
- The Magic Of “Snow White and the Huntsman”
- Around the Kingdom: 360 degree Set TourUniversal’s Second Screen: An innovative viewing experience that allows viewers to control, interact with and explore Snow White and the Huntsman with groundbreaking features on a networked tablet or computer, in synch with the movie on the television screen! As the movie plays, experience features such as:
- Flick View: Move content from the tablet to the TV screen, and compare storyboards, animatics, and other exciting bonus material with a “flick” of the fingers.
- Behind the Scenes (Picture in Picture)
- Around the Kingdom: 360 degree Set Tour
- Virtual Flip books
- Cast of Characters
Have a first look at the Snow White and the Huntsman Blu-ray cover art and a trailer for the upcoming release below.