Mel Gibson’s journey into unrelenting controversy is receiving a new edition on not only DVD but Blu-ray Disc as well.
The February 17 high-def debut for The Passion of the Christ: Definitive Edition on Blu-ray will be presented in widescreen 2.4:1 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio in Aramaic for both the original theatrical cut and the uncut version.
The new definitive edition includes several new extras not found on the previous DVD edition including a pair of featurettes and four audio commentaries. The complete list, including additional inclusive extras from the original DVD, are listed below.
- Passion Re-Cut (seamlessly branched)
- Filmmaker Commentary with Mel Gibson, Caleb Deschanel, and John Wright (original cut only)
- Production Commentary withStephen McEveety, Ted Rae and Keith Vanderlaan (original cut only)
- Theologian Commentary with MelGibson, Father William J. Fulco, Gerry Matatics, and Father John Bartunek (original cut only)
- Music Commentary with John Debney (Selected scenes)
- By His Wounds We Are Healed: Making THe Passion of the Christ
- The Legacy
- Deleted Scenes
The Passion of the Christ: Definitive Edition on Blu-ray carries a retail price of $34.99.
Click here to pre-order The Passion of the Christ: Definitive Edition on Blu-ray for $25.95 from Amazon.com.