Disney has announced a March 18 release date for the animated smash hit Frozen starring the voices of Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff, Josh Gad, Santino Fontana, Alan Tudyk, Ciaran Hinds and Chris Williams on Blu-ray and DVD following multiple retailer leaks that revealed the date over two weeks ago, with Frozen already available for pre-order.
Though Frozen was released theatrically in 3D, the studio is opting not to support Blu-ray 3D in the home video release plans. The only way to watch Frozen 3D at home will be via Digital 3D, which will debut early on February 25 along with the Digital HD version.
Frozen on Blu-ray will be packaged with the DVD and Digital HD versions of the film in a two-disc set. The film will be presented in its original 2.39:1 aspect ratio in 1080p video, with audio being serviced via 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Bonus features found on the Frozen Blu-ray are fairly robust, with many of them being available via Digital HD – though not all. Here is the complete list of extras:
- The Making Of Frozen (Blu-ray, Digital)
- D’frosted: Disney’s Journey From Hans Christian Anderson to Frozen (Blu-ray, Digital)
- Breaking The Ice – The Real Making Of Frozen (Blu-ray, Digital)
- 4 Deleted Scenes with introduction by Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee
- Original Theatrical Short – “Get A Horse” (Blu-ray, Digital & DVD)
- “Let It Go” Music Videos by Demi Lovato, Martina Stoessel & Marsha Milan Londoh (Blu-ray, Digital & DVD)
- Frozen Teaser Trailer (Blu-ray, Digital & DVD)
Frozen has been heating up the Blu-ray bestsellers chart at Amazon.com for several weeks now. Since it’s Blu-ray announcement from Disney earlier today, the film’s Blu-ray and DVD combo pre-order has staked claim to the number one sales slot and doesn’t appear willing to easily cough it up. Ironically Disney and Marvel’s Thor is in the second position.
Click here to pre-order Frozen on Blu-ray and DVD combo for $22.99 at Amazon.com, nearly half off the $45 list price.