Updated: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Blu-ray Release Date, Details and Cover Art
September 21, 2011
: Amazon.com has begun taking pre-orders for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
on Blu-ray, as well as the eight-film complete collection box set. Here are the pre-order links for all configurations:
Click here to pre-order Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on Blu-ray and DVD combo pack for $24.99 at Amazon.com.
Click here to pre-order Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on Blu-ray - movie only edition for $20.99 at Amazon.com.
Click here to pre-order Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection on Blu-ray for $97.99 at Amazon.com.
Original article (September 19, 2011): Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 starring Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint will complete the Potter saga on Blu-ray and DVD combo pack (SRP $28.98) when it arrives in stores on November 11, 2011.
On the same day, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release all eight Potter films on Blu-ray and DVD in the Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray SRP $139.99), while the studio's interactive entertainment arm will finally release Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 for Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS and 3DS. A PS3 demo for the LEGO Potter game will be available on the Blu-ray.
Where Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 won't be coming, at least initially, is to Blu-ray 3D. When it arrived in theaters this past July, Deathly Hallows Part 2 was the first and only Potter film to be released in 3D after a scrapped attempt at releasing Deathly Hallows Part 1 with the added dimension.
Bonus features for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on Blu-ray include:
- Maximum Movie Mode hosted by Matthew Long (Neville Longbottom) and other cast members (80 minutes) - As the epic showdown between Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort approaches, don't miss a single detail as the forces of good and evil clash one final time throughout the grounds of Hogwarts.
- A Conversation with JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe - Join J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe for an exclusive conversation about bringing the character of Harry Potter to life, the last decade of films and how their lives have changed by the fame that they've both experienced.
- The Goblins of Gringotts - Hosted by Warwick Davis, you'll see the entire process of becoming a goblin in a Harry Potter film, from auditions and casting to makeup and prosthetic tests as well as filming the final scenes.
- The Women of Harry Potter – A look at the remarkable women in Harry Potter's life and the critical role they play in the films.
- WB Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter
- Deleted Scenes
- Ultraviolet Digital Copy
With the Harry Potter announcement comes a caveat: on December 29, 2011, Warner Bros. will take a page from Disney's handbook and cease shipments of all eight Harry Potter films on Blu-ray and DVD.
Check out the front and back Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Blu-ray cover art below, and be on the lookout for Amazon pre-order links for the single film and eight-film sets to be added to this article in the near future.
Browse all Amazon.com Blu-ray pre-orders