Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack Goes Off-Road
October 17, 2012
will be getting dirty this holiday season when the Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack
cuts through the roughest unpaved roads in Colorado and into your home.
Microsoft won't be sharing any additional details about the Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack for the next few weeks other than to confirm a December 18 release date and a 1,600 MS Points standalone purchase price. You can count on new events, new cars, and new Achievements to appear in the DLC pack.
Those of you who plan to pick up the Forza Horizon Season Pass for 4,000 MS Points starting on the game's release date, October 23, will get the Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack as part of the deal. The Season Pass will save buyers just over 15 percent off the standalone price of all the Forza Horizon DLC content. This includes a monthly stream of Car Packs priced at 400 MS Points. The First pack will be available on October 23 and include:
- 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione - It's notable that Ferrari considers itself a racing team first and automaker second. Leaving no gaps in the realm of elite performance, the XX line was created to bridge between Formula One and production cars. The Evoluzione has only 30 more horsepower than the previous 599XX but is a full second faster on Ferrari's exclusive Fiorano test track.
- 2012 Lamborghini Aventador J - Sparing no expense, and designed in a total of six weeks for its one prospective customer, Lamborghini created the open-air Aventador J. In its cockpit you won't find any climate control - for obvious reasons - or navigation; they would simply add weight. Powered by the standard Aventador's 700 horsepower 6.5-liter V12, the roofless - and ruthless-J can easily achieve speeds north of 180 mph.
- 2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged - One of the biggest and best-kept secrets of the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, the Gumpert Apollo Enraged dropped jaws at its unveiling. The ultra-exclusive three units of production are street legal, but realistically are ready-to-race track cars.
- 2012 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider - In the tradition of the open-air Giulietta of the 1950's, but with all the performance and technology of the 8C Competizione Coupe, the 8C Spider is as graceful as you'd expect from an Alfa. It is also ready to pounce given a little motivation. Its body lines are supple; its interior boasts exposed carbon fiber and aluminum.
- 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 - Revamping a classic car to match its predecessor is a difficult trick in the car business. The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 does so in every way and then some. Pure fun mixed with nostalgia doesn't get much better than this.
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air - Before the terms "stanced" or "tuner" were even a thought in the mind of any car enthusiast, there was the '57 Chevy. The Bel Air was the most upscale of the bodies sporting the most chrome and a golden grill. Whether you keep it classic, flourish it in flames, or drop in a big block, it will always get looks.
Click here to pre-order Forza Horizon for Xbox 360 at Amazon.com and earn the Amazon exclusive 2012 Aston Martin Virage for doing so.