It has been two years since Warner released Zach Snyder’s 300 on Blu-ray Disc and roughly half that time since the studio confirmed a new edition was in the works. It look Snyder’s second big comic-inspired film, Watchmen, coming to Blu-ray for Warner to finally pin down a release date for 300’s double-dip.
300: The Complete Experience will be released on July 21 day-and-date with Watchmen on Blu-ray and boast over two-hours of new exclusive bonus material packaged in Warner’s proprietary Digibook case.
“The Complete 300″ moniker references an interactive viewing mode where all the new bonus material is housed and accessible via three unique perspectives as outlined below. The remaining bonus features with the exception of a digital copy have been carried over from the first 300 release on Blu-ray.
- Digibook – 40-Page collectible book packaging includes a comprehensive walk-through of the new cutting-edge Blu-ray features, behind the scenes and production photos AND never-before-seen sketches from creator Frank Miller
- The Complete 300: A Comprehensive Immersion: – This new interactive picture-in-picture experience provides 3 unique perspectives to explore while you watch the film
- Creating a Legend: Frank Miller and Zack Snyder Interpret a Classic Tale – Holding true to Frank Miller’s love of history and the importance of bringing a pure adaptation to screen in this tale-based account.
- Bringing the Legend to Life: Building a World From a Comic – Blending the most talented and creative minds together to bring Frank Miller’s art to life in cinematic form.
- The History Behind the Myth: The Real Story of The Hot Gates – A rich and historical perspective on the Spartans and this legendary landmark.
- Media Center
- Live Community Screening
- My WB Commentary.
- Bluescreen Picture-In-Picture – Join Director Zack Snyder on a personal and fascinating commentary as he compares the Bluescreen composite to the feature.
- Audio Commentary by Director Zack Snyder, Writer Kurt Johnstad and Director of Photography Larry Fong.
- The 300- Fact or Fiction? – Historians, authors and filmmakers reveal how much of the movie is based on fact. (24:12, HD)
- Who Were The Spartans: The Warriors of 300 – The customs and ways of life of the Spartan used by the actors and filmmakers to build their characters. (6:00, HD)
- Preparing for Battle: The Original Test Footage – See how Frank Miller’s images were used in an video montage that evolved into the fight scene test and ultimately convinced the studio to make the movie. (6:10, HD)
- Frank Miller Tapes – We’ll show how the outspoken Miller continued to push his limits to realize his epic graphic novel, 300, in the world of theatrical film. (13:00, HD)
- Making of 300 – A look at how the movie was made. (5:40)
- Making 300 in Images – Rapid fire stills from the first day of production to the last. (3:00)
- Webisodes – Behind the scenes peeks on the set of 300. (20:00)
- Production Design; Wardrobe; Stunt Work; Lena Headey; Adapting The Graphic Novel; Gerard Butler; Rodrigo Santoro; Training The Actors; Culture of The Sparta City/State; A Glimpse from the Set – Making 300 the Movie; Scene Studies from 300; Fantastic Characters of 300.
- Deleted Scenes with Introduction by Zack Snyder (5:31, HD)
Tech specs for 300: The Complete Experience match those found on the first 300 Blu-ray release: 2.4:1 1080p video and 5.1 Dolby TrueHD audio.
All of the artwork associated with 300: The Complete Experience is below including closed cover art, the open Digibook art, and back cover art.
Click here to pre-order 300: The Complete Experience on Blu-ray for $27.99 at Amazon.com.